VSL#3® provides more probiotic support than leading over-the-counter (OTC) brands:
Different probiotics provide different types, or strains, of "good" bacteria in different amounts. The number of good bacteria is measured in "colony-forming units" (CFU).
- VSL#3® Capsules contain 112.5 billion CFUs, significantly higher than what is found in many OTC products so more can survive in the GI tract and have a beneficial effect.
- VSL#3® is very diverse and contains multiple different strains of bacteria from the Lactobacillus, Bifidobacterium and Streptococcus genera.
- VSL#3® is refrigerated to keep the probiotics alive.
- VSL#3 Capsule Ingredients: Lactic acid bacteria and bifidobacteria blend, hydroxylpropylmethylcellulose, cornstarch, magnesium stearate, silicon dioxide, stearic acid, microcrystalline cellulose.
- VSL#3® is a probiotic medical food intended for the dietary management of Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), Ulcerative Colitis (UC), and an ileal pouch. VSL#3® is intended to be used under medical supervision.
- Standard shipping is a flat fee of $7.50 per order via UPS 2-Day Air, orders are shipped in a cooler with ice packs to preserve product potency. Because we are unable to ship on weekends the last shipping day each week is Wednesday. We do offer expedited overnight shipping for $20.
Please note our standard shipping schedule and cut-off times: